Looking for a way to switch things up from traditional animal protein based meals a few times a week? Here’s a really easy & delicious way to do so that won’t make you skimp on good carbs, fibre, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals or protein & that legit feels like a bowl of comfort food!
1-Pan Mixed Bean & Veggie Stir-Fry
- 2 19 oz. cans of organic low-sodium mixed beans
- 1 white onion, cubed
- Avocado oil spray
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, cubed
- 1 heaping tbsp. yellow turmeric organic mustard (I used Maison Orphée)
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or other fresh herb of choice
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. dried herbs
- 1/2 cup organic sugar-free tomato sauce (I used Organico Bello Kale & Basil Tomato Sauce)
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- Add the onion, peppers, celery, garlic to a large skillet & spray with avocado oil. Sauté over medium high heat until onions are translucent & veggies are almost fully cooked.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, lower the fire & add all the other toppings, beans & tomato sauce. Heat again over medium-high heat for another 2-3 minutes to combine the ingredients.
- Remove from the heat & top with green onion! Enjoy!