Sautéed garlic green beans, anyone?! You know you want them!
When my client requested green beans, I got excited because it was the perfect opportunity for me to come up with an easy & simple recipe for you babes since I don’t make them that often for myself! (Tots making this recipe BTW).
Green beans are a great source of fibre, potassium & folate, a good source of plant based protein, iron & zinc & also contain antioxidants similar to those in green tea/matcha (catechins), which help with heart health, blood sugar control & hemp fight common diseases. They also provide a good dose of vitamin C for collagen synthesis, skin health & immunity.
Serve these as a side dish with some lean protein, throw them into a bowl or salad or eat them as is!
Sautéed Garlic Green Beans
- 2 lb. green beans
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Avocado oil spray
- 1.5 tbsp. minced dried onion
- splash of pure organic maple syrup or yacon syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet & toss to coat. Spray with avocado oil. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat & sauté the green beans for about 10-12 minutes until cooked through, dark green but still crispy!
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!