Oh my god. It’s all I have to say. Really. I think these babies speak for themselves… I mean… but just in case you’re one of those who’s gotta see it to believe it, I’m about to blow your mind with these simple, easy, delicious, healthy, moist & chewy but still crumbly, chocolatey, comforting, scrumptious cookies!
I loaded them up with brain-boosting gut-healing coconut oil instead of butter, oats for crumble, vegan protein to add a dose of amino acids, vitamins & minerals, vanilla for days & dark chocolate chips because really… what’s a cookie without the chips?
- 1 & 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 2 flax eggs OR 2 eggs (to make the flax eggs: combine 2 tbsp. flax with
- 6 tbsp. warm water & let it sit to gel up)
- 1/3 cup vegan protein of choice
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. ground coffee
- 1/2 heaping cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with coconut oil.
- Add all the cookie ingredients to a bowl & mix until a batter is formed.
- Scoop the batter into the baking sheet to make 12 cookies. Keep in mind they spread.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until edges are golden brown & tops are crumbly. Don’t over-bake! They’ll firm up as they cool.