I changed up my smoothie bowl a bit today & went with a chocolate mocha vibe, because who doesn’t love coffee & chocolate, right?
PRO TIP: If you have trouble digesting most grain-based vegan proteins, try unsweetened hemp protein by Manitoba Harvest & flavour it yourself instead of buying powders with added sugars, by adding pure organic vanilla or raw cacao powder! Then… you’ve got fibre, healthy fat & protein rich hemp protein with no added BS… just REAL FOOD!!
I used Organika Health maca & cacao blend to spruce it up in the chocolate department but to also add an adaptogenic kick for anxiety relief, energy & hormone health!
And don’t get me started about the texture: so on fleek thanks to none other than my BFF, cauliflower! I can’t believe I used to make smoothies without it way back when!
- 1/2 cup wild frozen blueberries
- 1 cup steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 3/4 cup cold brew coffee (or sub for freshly brewed coffee but let it cool off)
- 1/4 cup homemade hemp milk
- 1 serving Manitoba Harvest unsweetened hemp protein
- 1 tsp. moringa
- 1 tsp. açai
- 1 tsp. camu camu
- Liquid from 2 astaxanthin capsules
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Organika maca & cacao powder
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor & pulse until combined & desired texture is obtained.
- Add toppings & devour! I used Living Intentions banana hemp probiotic granola & berries & frozen banana slices.