These meatballs are basically a taco 🌮& this is a fun recipe because you can also make it with ground beef or chicken if you prefer!
They’re full of flavour, crispy on the outside but chewy, scrumptious, tender & full of flavour on the inside & they’re great for meal prep because there are so many ways to eat them: as is, in salads or bowls, chopped in pita or baguette, in hard or soft taco shells or tortillas, lettuce wraps or in a meatball sub!!!
Admit you’re drooling!
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño pepper, finely cubed
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 eggs OR 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp. water for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour of choice (buckwheat, cassava, almond, oat, all-purpose, brown rice or quinoa)
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with avocado oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Roll into meatballs of your desired size & place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes until browned & cooled through, then broil on high for 3-4 minutes to get the outsides extra crispy.