The star of the show in this quinoa salad is the dressing… like it’s insane how good it is! It’s the perfect balance between sweet, savoury, citrusy, nutty, full of flavour & of course, nutritious! You’ll love it so much, I bet you’ll use it in & on tons of your other fave salads!
This is one of many dishes I’m prepping for one of my client’s customized meal prep for the week! She wanted a good carb-rich side dish she could have for lunch or on the side with protein, so naturally, I suggested quinoa because it’s also high in protein, fibre, antioxidants & vitamins & minerals, so it’s a win!!
I spruced it up with some goji berries, amazing for skin, immunity & gut health & full of antioxidants & vitamin C & mulberries for extra iron!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 5 stalks celery
- 4 green onions
- 1 red onion
- 3 mini cucumbers
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic goji berries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried organic mulberries
- Juice from a lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. dried herbs
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, set it aside to cool off.
- Prepare the other ingredients & add them to a mixing bowl, then add the cooled quinoa.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl & whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the salad & enjoy!