OH MY BANANA BREAD… no better way to kick off the weekend than with a crumbly, caramelized, moist & chewy on the inside, chocolatey, refined sugar free, DELISH AF banana bread!
Sweetened with date powder for naturally sweet flavour, fibre, antioxidants, vitamins & minerals & a lower GI alternative to refined & other natural sweeteners!
It’s a great source of potassium, magnesium, B6, niacin for skin health, filtered, copper & great for the gut & digestion!
Trust me when I say that this banana bread IS your weekend baking event. You won’t regret it! (& everyone will love you for it).
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 3 ripe mashed bananas (& 1/2 banana sliced in rounds for topping)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup YuPik date powder or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted crumbled pecans
- 1 flax egg OR 1 egg
- Pinch sea salt
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray with coconut oil.
- Prepare your flax egg, if using, by combining 3 tbsp. warm water & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed in a small mixing bowl & let it gel up for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until batter is uniform & combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan & top with the banana slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a knife comes out clean, top is crumbly & bananas are caramelized.
- Remove from the oven & let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!