What if I told you you could make these babes in just ONE BOWL in just 30 MINUTES?!
They’re fudgy AF, delish, chocolatey, indulgent, comforting, naturally sweet, vegan, flourless & loaded with fibre, protein, healthy fats & made with just REAL food! In a nutshell, they’re brownies in muffin form.
The secret?! BLACK BEANS! I’ve had so much success baking with them in the past that I knew they would be perfect for these muffins!
I can’t wait for you guys to try them & love them as much as I do!
- 1 15-oz. can organic black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax & 6 tbsp. water, let sit & gel up for 5 min.)
- 3 tbsp. creamy cashew butter
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1/4 cup & 2 tbsp. water or unsweetened plant-based milk, as needed
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. gelatinized maca
- Topping: raw unsalted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a muffin tin with liners. Spray them lightly with avocado oil.
- Rinse & drain the black beans & make sure to Pat them dry.
- Prepare the flax egg.
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor & purée for about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides as needed & add more water/milk, as needed, until completely smooth & uniform.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the tin & smooth the tops with the back of a spoon. Gently press the pecans into the muffins.
- Bake for 26 minutes until tops are cracked & edges pull away from the sides.
- Remove from the oven & let cool. ENJOY!