Need a perfect way to up the healthy fat content in your smoothies? Nut butters, coconut butter, Brain Octane oil & hemp, chia or flax seeds are great options, but I also love freezing ripe avocados in silicone ice cube trays & throwing them in to add antioxidants, fibre, vitamin C & the most perfect creamy texture!
They’re super simple to make: just mash up some overripe avocado & stuff it into an ice cube tray & freeze! I like using silicon ones because they pop out really easily! Swipe left to see what they look like once frozen.
Here’s today’s yummy smoothie bowl filled with superfoods, hemp protein, antioxidants, fibre, fruits, veggies, fats & protein – the perfect rainbow in my bowl & party in my mouth!
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cup homemade almond & pecan milk
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 serving unsweetened hemp protein
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 6 chunks steamed then frozen broccoli
- 2 frozen avocado cubes
- Huge handful of spinach
- Liquid from 2 astaxanthin capsules
- 1 tsp. moringa
- 1 tsp. camu camu
- 1/2 tbsp. açai powder
- Toppings: berries, Living Intentions superfood probiotic banana hemp granola & Elan Organics coconut smiles
- Add the ingredients to your food processor & blend until smooth! You might need to add more liquid to achieve desired texture. Add toppings & enjoy!!