Kay so if you ever made homemade almond milk & you thought it was so delicious that it was revolutionary, wait until you try this one… I like to describe it as if a macaroon & a pecan pie had a baby… & then they seasoned it with vanilla & cinnamon…
K, you catch my drift! If you love pecans & almonds, you’re going to fall in absolute love with this milk!!!
It’s made with 4 ingredients, silky, creamy, smooth, super nutritious & simple to make & totally customizable with the add ins of your choice!
What better to do on a cold Sunday afternoon than make some fresh milk for the week?!
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 4 cups filtered water & more for soaking
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Soak the almonds & pecans in a bath of water & Himalayan sea salt overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Once soaked, rinse the nuts thoroughly under cold water.
- Add the rinsed nuts & 4 cups of water to your blender or food processor & blend for 2 minutes.
- Strain the pulp out of the milk with a nut milk bag or cotton dishcloth over a large mixing bowl.
- Rinse the blender/food processor & add the strained milk back in with the add-ins. Blend for 1 minute!
- You’re done! Enjoy! Store it in a mason jar or other glass bottle & let it sit for about 15 minutes so the foam subsided & then refrigerate! The milk should last 4 days!