It’s HERE… HOMEMADE GLUTEN-FREE AVOCADO BREAD & it’s another winner!!
You guys know there aren’t many store-bought breads I eat because it’s so hard to find one that tastes good & doesn’t irritate my stomach! It’s usually one or the other.
I do love ezekiel bread but I also love getting creative & making my own when I have time, so here’s today’s loaf that I’ll defs be remaking! I hope you babes love it as much as I do!
It’s crispy on the outside, moist & delicious on the inside, lightly sweetened, loaded with fibre, healthy fats & antioxidants, great for gut health thanks to the addition of psyllium husks, toasts to perfection & tastes great with both sweet & savoury toppings!
Whenever I make homemade breads, I slice & portion them into ziplocs or Food Saver bags & I freeze them to preserve freshness. If I know I’ll be eating them during the week, I’ll take a few portions out on Sunday when I meal prep or I’ll take them out & toast as needed when I’m in the mood!
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup vegan “buttermilk” (combine 1 cup unsweetened almond milk & 1 tsp. lemon or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. flax & 3 tbsp. warm water & let it gel up for 5 min.) OR 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1 tbsp. Eden Foods algae & sesame seed blend
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil.
- Prepare your flax egg.
- Add all the ingredients, except psyllium husks, to a large mixing bowl & mix until a batter is formed & no flour is left.
- Add the psyllium husks.
- Press the batter into the loaf pan & flatten it to even it out with a spatula. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean & top is browned & cracked.
- Remove from the oven & let cool before slicing!
- Enjoy! (Store in the freezer for optimal freshness!)