Here’s a really yummy & easy recipe you can whip up on the spot or for meal prep for quick lunches, snacks or dinners during the week!
Traditional store-bought chicken salads are usually loaded with table salt, unhealthy oils, refined sugars & mayo for days, not to mention the chicken is usually cooked with tons of butter. This one is just as yummy but a lot healthier, more minimal on the ingredients front & it contains no mayo! 💯 The alternative? Raw Dijon, lemon juice, Smoke Show hot sauce & spices!
It’s even easier to whip up if your chicken is already meal-prepped, but you can also easily grill a fresh batch of chicken breast & make this salad on the spot! Serve it on toast, rice cakes, pita, ciabatta, baguette or enjoy it as is! 🤤
- 2 large grilled chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 green onions
- 1 large stalk of celery
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Juice from a lemon
- 1 tsp. Smoke Show hot sauce
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. dried herbs
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. onion or garlic powder
- Cook your chicken if you haven’t already done so & chop it into cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until creamy & everything is combined.
- Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.