This Moroccan eggplant salad is all things reminiscent of the one my mom was notorious for! It’s delicious, chunky, full of flavour, nutritious & tastes great on its own or spread onto toast or rice cakes! The best way to eat it? With challah bread (if you know, you know!!!).
All you need is a skillet, a few simple real ingredients & 10 minutes!
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2-3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Sea salt & black pepper for flavour
- 1 tsp. dried herbs
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & add the eggplant. Season with sea salt, pepper & apple cider & sauté for about 5-7 minutes, until eggplant begins to cook through & outsides are browned.
- Remove skillet from the heat, add the other ingredients & cook over medium-high heat for another 5 minutes, until cilantro is wilted & tomatoes are braised & cooked through!