Disclaimer: you gotta love matcha to love these treats because they definitely have a strong matcha flavour! They’re full of antioxidants, vitamin C, protein, collagen, amino acids, anti-inflammatory skin-glowing & hormone-regulating healthy fats & natural vanilla flavour!
I didn’t sweeten them but you can totally do so with a bit of maple or yacon syrup (substitution explanations below)!
Make these ahead of time & keep them in the fridge or freezer for a little afternoon snack before or after a workout or simply to hold you over in between meals!
The matcha will give you a good boost in energy, without the crash & fall you might experience with an afternoon coffee!
- 1 tbsp. & 1 tsp. organic ceremonial grade matcha
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 6 tbsp. water (you can also do 3 tbsp. water & 3 tbsp. liquid sweetener of choice, ex: maple syrup for a sweeter treat!)
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp. coconut flour
- More ground flax for rolling (you can also roll in coconut or cinnamon or throw in chocolate chips or cacao nibs)
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until a batter is formed. You’ll want to get your hands in there to make sure there’s no leftover flour!
- Roll into 10 balls & then roll 1/2 or all in some more ground flax. Place them on a plate & refrigerate them to firm up.
- Once they’re firm, enjoy! 🤤 Keep them in the fridge or freezer to preserve freshness!