Oh my goodness!!! Who knew I could create a cheesy, delicious, indulgent & much more nutritious eggplant recipe WITHOUT any dairy?!
The trick is the combination of just a few REAL FOOD ingredients: nutritional yeast, raw organic apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon, raw Dijon mustard, sea salt & black pepper! The ingredient speak for themselves: high in protein, B12 & other B vitamins, anti-inflammatory, pH regulating properties, vitamin C & antioxidants, this eggplant is a health nut’s dream come true!
These slices LITERALLY have the most perfect texture: crispy & roasted so well on the outside that they almost feel BREADED!!!! What?! I know… cray! The blend of creamy Dijon with cheesy nutty nutritional yeast is just what you need to mimic cheese flavour & consistency!
Anywho, I could go on & on, but I think you babes just need to try them for yourselves!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Juice from a lemon
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. raw dijon mustard
- Black pepper & sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 430F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the eggplant slices to a bowl & season & toss with the rest of the ingredients.
- Roast the eggplant on the baking sheet (don’t pile them) for 25 minutes until browned & crispy on the outside!
- Remove from the oven & enjoy!