Late lunchin’ situation: cassava flour lentil & quinoa vegan burger stuffed into a few lettuce leaves with chipotle kimchi, caramelized veggies, avocado, black pepper & nutritional yeast! YUM! Yes, yum.
Oh right… you want the recipe for the burgers?! IT’S COMIN’… Whether or not you eat plant-based, these will give you all the burger feels from texture to taste to flavour! Plus, it’s always a good idea to change things up & incorporate more plant-based sources of protein for extra fibre, good carbs, minerals & vitamins!
So…without further ado, here I am bringing you yet another delicious recipe for vegan burgers that ACTUALLY hold together & don’t fall apart & that’ll WOW even a meat lover!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 huge tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3-4 green onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- Splash of raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast or Parmesan
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined & a batter is formed.
- Shape the mixture into 6-7 patties, depending desired size & place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes, until bottoms are set & browned & tops are crumbly!