When you hear caramelized veggies, I’m sure you think of loads of brown sugar, eh? Well, you can make them that way but you can also make them LIKE THIS… lower in sugar, a bit more nutritious, but get this… you don’t have to compromise flavour!
They take just 10 minutes to make & a few simple ingredients & you’ll be in caramelized veggie paradise!
I used yacon syrup, a low glycemic probiotic sweetener that’s amazing for gut health & doesn’t cause as much of a spike in blood sugar as other sweeteners, coconut aminos for a soy-free delicious flavour similar to soy sauce with 75% less sodium & real raw food & beneficial enzymes & balsamic glaze for sweet flavour!
Serve these as a side dish with your protein & grain of choices, use them in sandwiches or wraps, salads or bowls or simply eat them as is – they’re THAT delicious!
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small box white mushrooms
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tsp. yacon syrup
- @nonnapias balsamic glaze
- Splash raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp. oregano
- Avocado oil spray
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet & toss to coat. Spray generously with avocado oil.
- Sauté over medium-high heat, stirring every now & then, until veggies are browned, sticky & caramelized, about 8 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium if they start to burn or cook too quickly.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!