We’ve been on a massive cookie kick at the Ohana Rez these days & I’m not mad at it! Here’s a grain-free friendly version that can be made vegan or with an egg alike!
They’re super crumbly on the outside, but moist & chewy & peanut buttery & oh so delicious on the inside! Basically, think of them as you biting into a spoonful of PB topped with some vanilla & a few crumbled pecan & almond pieces. A dream come true!
I think by now it’s no secret that almond flour is one of my faves to bake with & the added value is that it bulks up the healthy fat content of my treats so they keep us fuller longer & are the perfect afternoon snack.
- 1 cup nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1 egg or 1 flax/chia egg
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled nuts of choice or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper (bearing in mind that the cookies will spread).
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Use a spoon to portion the batter onto the lightly sprayed baking sheet & use the back of the spoon to shape the tops.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until browned around the edges.
- Let them cool & firm up before storing. Enjoy & store any leftovers in the fridge!