Did you know that inflammation is one of the root causes of most chronic disease & infection?
Did you ALSO know that certain foods contain anti-inflammatory compounds that help reduce the amount of inflammation in our bodies, whether it’s self-induced (due to lack of proper nutrition & hydration, hormonal imbalance, excessive stress etc) or beyond our control (a by-product of the environment we live in & the air we breathe)?
These roasted sweet potato cubes are an anti-inflammatory paradise, loaded with tons of spices & seasoned with just raw apple cider vinegar for pH balance, gut health & beneficial enzymes!
I used fennel seeds, cumin seeds, ground mustard, cayenne, Ceylon cinnamon & black pepper so they’re full of warm & savoury flavour & they’re super versatile: serve them as a side, throw them into salads or bowls, eat them as is dipped in hummus, tzatziki or Dijon or mash ‘em up for a chunky sweet potato mash!
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, peel on
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- A few pinches cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet & season.
- Preheat oven to 430F.
- Roast the potatoes for 35 minutes, until outsides are browned. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes, but watch closely so they don’t burn!