Yes, I am drooling. Are you not?!
When you hear the word cracker, I’m sure you instantly think FLOUR! Well guess what?! These babies are a little something different!
They’re made with just seeds, a few spices & water… but you’d NEVER believe it when you bite into them!
They’re baked to perfection, crispy & crunchy on the outside & perfectly textured on the inside & they taste delicious with sweet or savoury spreads or dips!
I’m talking: nut butters, vegan cheese spreads (Spread ‘Em Kitchen spreads are my fave), guacamole, pesto, hummus, black bean dip, jam, red pepper or eggplant spreads, etc!
Being plant-based, seeds play a huge role in my diet & are one of my main sources of healthy fats, protein & fibre!
My faves are flax, chia & hemp & these crackers contain a healthy dose of all of them!
Seeds are amazing for digestion, hormones, reducing inflammation, boosting immunity, bone & muscle strength & recovery, blood sugar control, healthy glowing skin & providing a good dose of minerals responsible for mental focus, clarity & cognitive health!
Here’s how to make these in just 30 minutes!
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast or Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. dried herbs
- 1 cup water
- Pinch sea salt & black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, then add the water & mix until a uniform batter is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly spread the batter on the sheet with a spatula (about 1/2cm thick).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice with a pizza slicer & bake again for 12 minutes!
- Let cool, break them apart & enjoy!