Dandelion root tea is one of my faves to have before bed!
It feels so nice to sip on a cup of tea after a long, cold winter day & it’s really soothing on the stomach too!
Drinking tea at night is also a great way to get your body into unwinding mode & prepare it for bed, which may overtime help stabilize your circadian flow.
Like most things I nourish my body with, it has tons of health benefits:
- reduces bad cholesterol & increases beneficial HDL cholesterol, thereby promoting heart health & boosting circulation & blood flow
- high in antioxidants, which neutralize free radicals & fight disease, boost skin health & immunity & fight inflammation
- supports liver health & detoxification
- fights bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties & also has prebiotic fibre, which is the nourishment & fuel for the good healthy bacteria already living in our gut
- stimulates digestion & reduces water retention & bloating
- filled with vitamin A (important for skin & eye health), vitamin K (crucial for vitamin D absorption & bone health) & vitamin C!
- helps regulate blood sugar levels & lower high blood pressure
- eases PMS symptoms
I use the one by Celebration Herbal, but most health food & grocery stores carry tons of different brands! Just make sure it contains just the dandelion root & no added sugars, sweeteners, artificial flavour or colour, sugar polyalcohols or other additives!