Yes, you read right, these cookies are made with cooked quinoa & trust me when I say you’ll thank me later!!
They’re also made with cassava flour, which is a great gluten & grain-free option that you can use in a 1:1 ratio so it’s super easy to incorporate into recipes & a lot easier to digest!
These babes are refined sugar free, vegan, gluten-free, possibly nut-free & so moist, chewy & decadent, you’ll be making them on repeat!
Take them on the go for a quick high protein breaky, have them pre or post workout or serve them as a healthy dessert!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter OR sunflower seed butter
- 4-5 tbsp. maple syrup, depending how sweet you want them
- 2/3 cup cassava flour OR other gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray with coconut oil & set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until a batter is formed. Fold in the chips.
- Roll the batter into 12-14 cookies & flatten & place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until tops are cracked & crumbly & bottoms are set.
- Remove from the oven, let cool to firm up & enjoy!