This is by far the laziest & easiest lentil soup you will EVER make & the best part is, the flavour is so on point, you’d NEVER know it!
Legit all you gotta do is throw the ingredients into a deep skillet, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, let cook & bam, it’s done!
I love a good lentil soup on a cold winter day when I do everything & anything NOT to leave the house! It’s delicious, satisfying, filling, full of nutrients & plant protein, good carbs & fibre, comforting & so full of flavour, it hurts!
Serve it with homemade croutons, throw in turkey meatballs, tofu or tempeh for extra protein or top it with fresh or dried herbs of choice & some crackers or rice cakes!
Feel free to change up the spices to your liking & swap the water for broth if you prefer (but make sure it contains no additives or table salt & that it’s lower-sodium & preferably organic!).
- 1 1/3 cup organic green lentils
- 8 cups water OR broth
- 2.5 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 stalks celery
- 4-5 medium carrots
- 1 red onion
- 4-5 bay leaves
- Celtic sea salt to taste, if you wish
- A few splashes of raw apple cider or coconut vinegar
- IF YOU PLAN AHEAD: Pre-soak the lentils in a bowl filled with water & sea salt to improve absorption, boost nutrient content & facilitate digestion. Make sure to rinse & drain them well.
- IF NOT, it’s all good!
- Add all the ingredients to a deep skillet & heat over high heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer (medium-low) & let simmer for 20-25 min. until veggies have softened & lentils are cooked.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!