I FINALLY NAILED THE CRISPIEST SWEET POTATO FRIES!!!!
The struggle was real. I’ve made sweet potato fries in the past but I always had trouble nailing the crisp! Today… all my sweet potato fries dreams came true! They’re crispy, crunchy, delicious, perfectly seasoned, easy to make, made with minimal ingredients & ready from start to finish in just 35 minutes!
- cut the fries super thin & as evenly as you can so that none of them are over or under cooked
- roast ‘em at a high temperature
- salt them post-roast to prevent soggy texture
- lay them in a single layer & use parchment paper so they don’t stick & so they get super crispy
- last but not least, don’t underestimate the power of the FLIP halfway through!
Feel free to add or remove any spices of your choice, throw on some fresh Parm or vegan cheese shreds, add chilli flakes, cayenne or hot sauce to spice them up or make your fave dried herb blend, add cinnamon or nutmeg, throw on curry, cumin or chipotle & serve them as a side with your protein of choice & a fresh green salad!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced thinly into fries
- 2-3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Slice the potatoes (skin on) into thin long strips, as uniformly as possible!
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooling spray.
- Season the fries & toss to coat.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet, making sure not to pile them. Bake for 15 min., remove from the oven, flip & bake again for 15 min. until they’re crispy.
- Broil on high for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt if you wish & enjoy!