This freezing cold weather in MTL has me craving all the comfort food, so I whipped up this easy & delish chili this afternoon so dinner is ready & waiting for me when I get home from the gym tonight! If you have the time, planning ahead is so key to staying on track!
This chili is loaded with tons of fresh veggies, crispy crunchy cabbage, sprouted organic lentils & black beans for carbs & protein, savoury & flavourful rich spices, nutritional yeast for nutty cheesy flavour & extra protein & B vitamins & my fave organic kale & basil tomato sauce by Organico Bello (clean, chunky, delicious, made with real food & no added sugar!).
This chili is guaranteed to hit the spot, warm you up, fill & satisfy you thanks to all the protein & fibre & nourish you from the inside out! Plus you can have fun with the toppings: salsa, avocado, cheese shreds, jalapeños, guacamole, salsa verde or pesto… the possibilities are endless!
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup organic sprouted lentils, cooked
- 1 15-oz. can organic black beans or brown rice
- 1 cup green cabbage
- 2 mini bell peppers
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 can hearts of palm, diced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup Organico Bello Kale & basil tomato sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Add the veggies, lemon & black pepper to a large skillet & sauté over medium-high heat for 5-6 min. until veggies are relatively cooked but still a bit crunchy.
- Remove skillet from the heat, add all the other ingredients & toss to coat.
- Heat over medium-high heat for a few more minutes until ingredients are combined.
- Remove from the heat, add toppings of choice & enjoy!