Nope, I don’t eat chicken but my sissy does so you can betcha I prep a batch for her on the weekly! This is a great meal prep staple to have stocked in the fridge for a busy week at work or school because you can literally eat ’em whole with a side salad, veggies & grains, or chop the breasts up into salads, omelettes, pasta dishes, lasagne, chili, bowls, sandwiches, pita, etc. There are so many ways to use it!
This batch is spiced up with a Greek souvlaki spice blend we picked up at Adonis supermarket & it’s by Regal Spices. red pepper chili flakes, avocado oil & black pepper & then grilled it to perfection in our counter top mini grill!
- 1 pack club-sized chicken (slice the breasts in half)
- 3 tbsp. Souvlaki spice blend
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- Place the chicken breast in a mixing bowl & season with the other ingredients.
- Spray with avocado oil. Toss to coat.
- Cover & let marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat your countertop indoor grill or preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with silicone mats.
- Grill the chicken for about 7-8 minutes, until browned & crispy on the outside, no longer pink on the inside, but still tender!
- If roasting in the oven, bake for 25 minutes & then broil on high for 3-4 min. but watch closely so it doesn’t burn!