Meal prepping a good homemade quinoa salad is key because it can double as a good lunch on the go, but also pairs well with some animal or plant protein & a side of roasted veggies!
Quinoa is supercharged with plant protein, fibre, antioxidants, good carbs, vitamins & minerals & provides benefits for digestive health, healthy weight maintenance, lean muscle & skin & immune health.
If you have trouble digesting it, buy it sprouted (I use the one by Tru Roots Organic) or sprout it yourself to make it easier on your GI tract!
As always, I kept the dressing super simple because that’s how I roll! It’s all about letting the flavour of the veggies & quinoa shine & throwing in a few spices & seasonings to taste!
- 1/2 cup organic sprouted quinoa, cooked & cooled
- 1 mini cucumber
- 2 stalks celery
- Splash yacon syrup
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 red onion
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Once cooked, let it cool & chop the other veggies.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & toss to coat.