I have to say… this is probably the most delicious banana bread I’ve ever made (my sister agrees!).
Inspired by my fave flavour of Simply Protein bars, it’s bursting with maple pecan flavour, moist & chewy on the inside & crumbly on the outside, decadently chocolatey & great as a snack or on the go breaky or dessert!
I kept the ingredients simple & most importantly, REAL & it’s vegan, gluten, dairy, refined sugar & nut free!
- 2 cups all-purpose GF flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. ground flax & 5 tbsp. water mixed for 5 min. to gel up
- 2/3 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground coffee
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Topping: Raw unsalted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut or avocado oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl & mix until a batter is formed. Pour the batter into the pan & top with the raw pecans.
- Bake for 50-52 minutes or until a knife comes out clean & top is browned & crispy.
- Remove from the oven & let cool completely before slicing. Slice & enjoy!
- PSA: To keep it fresher longer, slice it as needed as opposed to doing it first shot & keep it refrigerated!