Here’s a quick late night snack (with a bit of planning ahead to freeze ‘em). It’s full of brain-boosting, filling, satisfying & anti-inflammatory fats, collagen for protein, beauty benefits, gut health & muscle/joint/bone strength, natural vanilla flavour, lightly sweetened with maple syrup & topped with chocolate chips because is it even ice cream without chooclate?
If mint choco chip ice cream is your jam, you can sub the vanilla for peppermint extract!
I used Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens, packed with marine collagen, organic greens, vitamin A, hyaluronic acid & probiotics!
- 8 avocado “ice cubes” pre-frozen
- 3.5 tbsp. Collagen beauty greens OR any collagen/protein/green superfood powder blend
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup & 2 tbsp. plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (sub for nit butter if you prefer!)
- 1/2-1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips or other toppings (coconut chips would be good too!)
- Add the ingredients to your food processor or blender & blend until texture is like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add more liquid or powder, depending how thick you like it. Stop & scrape the sides as necessary.
- In a bowl, add toppings, BLITZ FREEZE for 10 minutes & enjoy!