Current sitch: Living for these VEGAN FLOURLESS SWEET POTATO FUDGE BROWNIES… wouldn’t you be?! If you know me, you know I’m a sucker for using veggies, beans, chickpeas & avocado in baking recipes as a way to substitute for grains & dairy & these brownies are the perfect example!
They’re vegan, gluten & grain-free, contain no refined sugar (& very little natural sugar!), made in just one bowl, simple, easy, nutritious, fudgy, moist, decadent, deliciously chocolatey & basically, everything you want in a brownie without the butter, eggs, complicated recipe & 3 million dishes & spatulas!
Sweet potatoes are an amazing way to sub for flour in recipes & provide tons of health benefits from vitamins A, C & tons of B vitamins, manganese, copper, potassium & fibre, all of which work together to keep the blood, immune system, brain, gut & digestion healthy!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp. maple or yacon syrup
- 1/4 cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
- ADD-INS (OPTIONAL): vegan dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 375F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix well until combined. Fold in chocolate chips, if adding.
- Pour mixture into the pan & flatten with a spatula, making sure the ends are filled.
- Bake for 23-25 min. until cooked through & a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool before taking it out of the pan, then slice & enjoy! Store at room temperature or in the fridge to preserve freshness.