These crackers are vegan, gluten & grain-free, super high in protein & fibre, sugar-free, rich in anti-inflammatory fats, simple, easy, crispy, crunchy & delicious dipped into hummus, guac, pesto, salsa, tzatziki, vegan cheese spread or to munch on as is or throw into salads, bowls or soups!
The key to the perfectly crispy thin cracker is to roll out the dough as thin & even as possible so the baking is even & they’re crunchy, not chewy!
TO MAKE THE CRACKER DOUGH:
- 1.5 cups organic chickpea flour (& more 2 tbsp. at a time if the batter is too sticky)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
TO MAKE THE “EVERYTHING” SEASONING:
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. Eden Foods sesame seed & algae blend
- 1.5 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Combine all the cracker dough ingredients in a mixing bowl & mix until it comes together. Knead with your hand until it’s smooth. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Roll out the dough as even & thin as possible on the silicone mat.
- Mix the “everything” spices together in a small bowl with 1 tbsp. water & drizzle onto the batter. Press lightly into the dough.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into individual crackers & bake at 400F for 15 minutes until edges are crispy & brown.
- Let them cool, break them apart & store in an air-tight container.