Here’s a quick & easy vegan soup you can make in under 30 minutes in just one pot & your blender!
The thickness & creaminess will fool ANYONE into thinking it’s full of cream… but it ain’t! It’s made with simple, real plant food ingredients, it’s full of flavour, nutritious, satisfying, warm & comforting!
It makes for a perfect side dish with lunch or dinner or throw some protein & nuts, seeds or avocado in there & you have yourself a light healthy meal!
- 7 cups carrots, chopped into rounds
- 7 cups water
- 2 red onions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- A few pinches of dried lemongrass sticks
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium high heat & spray with avocado oil. Add the onions & garlic & sauté until translucent & fragrant.
- Add the carrots & other ingredients & lower heat to medium-low & let simmer for about 20 minutes, until all the veggies have softened.
- Place the veggies (without the broth) in your blender or food processor & blend until thick, creamy & desired texture is obtained. Add some of the broth if you want to thin it out as you go.
- Remove from the blender & enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate for 3-4 days!