What my clients want, they get & I’m so excited to share it with you guys because WOW!!! The chicken is tender (not dry!) on the inside but crispy & roasted on the outside & cooked in the easiest, most delish homemade teriyaki sauce (yes, you read right, no store-bought sauce necessary!).
It’s sweet, savoury, a lil’ spicy too & sticky just like caramel! What’s great is you can make a bigger batch of sauce & keep it refrigerated to use as a marinade for veggies, salmon, beef or stir fry!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in strips
- 2 2/3 cups soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic unsweetened rice vinegar
- 1.5 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 6 tbsp. Non-GMO corn starch
- 1 tbsp. organic sesame seeds
- Chopped green onion & sesame seeds
- Add the soy sauce/coconut aminos, water, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar & red pepper flakes to a skillet & bring to a boil.
- Once bubbling, add the corn starch & soy mixture to thicken. Lower heat to medium-high & stir for 3-4 minutes, whisking until thick!
- Once thick & caramelized, add in sesame seeds & mix.
- Preheat oven to 400F & line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour 3/4 of the sauce mix over the chicken & toss to coat, then place the chicken on the baking sheets & roast for 30 min. Once roasted, broil on high for 3-4 min. until crispy & bubbling!
- Remove, top with the leftover sauce, more sesame seeds & green onions.