Y’all know I love me some good falafel & is you don’t know, now you know! Here’s a super basic recipe made with real ingredients & it’s completely breadcrumb & flour free!
They’re ready in 40 minutes, made in just one bowl, no food processor necessary & filled with protein & fibre rich chickpeas, zucchini for greens, hydration & antioxidants & tons of flavour!
Pop them as is, add them to pita, lettuce wraps or chop them into salads or bowls, dip them in salsa, tahini, guac, pesto or hummus or serve them over a bed of quinoa or buckwheat! So many yummy choices!
- 1.5 cups grated & strained zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon
- 1 can organic chickpeas, mashed
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1.5 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Juice from a lemon
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Grate the zucchini & place it in a bowl lined with a clean thin dishcloth. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt to remove excess water. Wrap the zucchini in the cloth & squeeze to strain.
- Add the zucchini, mashed chickpeas & other ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined.
- Roll the batter into meatballs (or shape into patties) & bake for 35 min., then broil on high for 3-4 minutes until outsides are crispy & browned.