Looking for a way to use up some overripe avocado?! Here’s your answer! My all-time creamiest silkiest & smoothest clean eating avocado balsamic dressing is AVO-ddicting (See what I did there?!)
Avocados are an amazing source of nutrients, protein & fibre especially, not to mention an amazing source of anti-inflammatory healthy fats & antioxidants. They contain the least sugar per serving of any other fruit & they’re cholesterol & sodium-free. They also help the body better absorb fat-soluble nutrients from other food, improve digestion & skin & add the richest & creamiest texture to recipes!
This dressing is great to prepare on Sundays for the week because it stores really well & makes for a perfect healthy seasoning for salads & bowls & even a great dip for veggies or nachos! Think of it as blended guacamole! 😋
Here’s how to make it!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh herbs or 2 tsp. dried herbs
- 2 tsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- dash of smoked paprika or cayenne
- 2-3 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2-4 tbsp. water, depending on desired texture
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined, thick & creamy! Add more water to thin it out & taste it to see if you want it sweeter (if so, add 1 tsp. more maple syrup).
- Store in glass containers & refrigerate. Enjoy!