Yes, green muffins are a thing & they’ve rendered me speechless. They’re crumbly on the outside & moist, chewy & chunky on the inside, full of green delicious superfood flavour, with a lil’ kick of caffeine & natural sweetness from the apple chunks!
All you need is ONE BOWL, a few simple real whole food ingredients, the fruit of your choice (raspberries or bluebs would work well too or add in chocolate chips if you prefer!) & a love for matcha!
Not only is matcha delicious but it also helps increase mental concentration & focus, notional stability, peace of mind, boosts immunity & energy & doesn’t cause the same jitters that some people get from the caffeine in coffee!
BTW, always make sure your matcha powder contains JUST the matcha, that it’s organic & sourced in Japan!
- 1 flax egg (add 1 tbsp. ground flax & 3 tbsp. warm water to a small bowl & let sit for 5 min.)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup homemade hemp milk or other milk of choice (& 1/4 cup more of you feel the batter is too dry – depends on the brand of flour you use)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. organic ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cubed OR 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a muffin tin with liners. Lightly grease them to make removal easier.
- Prepare the flax egg.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl & mix to combine. Add more milk if you find the batter too dry.
- Fold in the apples or fruit of choice.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter & bake for 30-33 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 10-15 min. & enjoy!
- Store them in the fridge for max. 1 week or freeze to preserve freshness! Enjoy!