Homemade is better, it’s true!
Most store-bought jams contain added refined sugars, preservatives & fillers… this one does NOT! All it’s made with is raw apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon, cinnamon & pure vanilla! You can also add in some yacon or maple syrup if you want to lightly sweeten it, but the fruit is so sweet that you don’t even need it!
Homemade jam is also a great way to use up any overripe fruit; it takes minutes to make, keeps super well & most importantly, it’s delish on toast, rice cakes, crisp bread, crackers or as an add-in for oats, chia pudding or Greek yogurt bowls!
- 6 kiwis, roughly chopped
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a medium skillet. Heat the skillet on medium-high heat & bring to a boil (until liquid starts to bubble).
- Reduce heat to medium & stir every now & then as it cooks to prevent sticking or burning until liquid is absorbed.
- The jam will become sticky & caramelized! Once it does, remove from the heat, mash with a fork, let cool & store in an airtight container & refrigerate!
- Alternatively, for a more “jelly” texture, add the jam to your blender & blend until texture is where you want it!