If you know, you know… black beans are an amazing substitute for flour in baking recipes! If you haven’t already, check out the full recipe for my famous vegan double chocolate black bean cookies right hurr!
These babies are a play on those, but they’re completely oil, nut, dairy, refined sugar, egg, gluten & grain free!
I also amped ‘em up with vegan protein powder & used unsweetened applesauce & banana as opposed to adding any other natural sweeteners!
They’re crumbly on the outside but decadent, soft, moist & chewy on the inside!
Make the batter in your blender, bake ‘em for 20-25 minutes & BAM… a protein & fibre rich cookie made with black beans, but you’d NEVER know!
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. mashed ripe banana
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or homemade plant-based milk of choice
- FOR A SWEETER COOKIE: Add 2 tbsp. yacon or maple syrup, raw honey, coconut or date sugar
- Add all the ingredients (except milk) to your blender & blend. Add the milk 2 tbsp. at a time, as needed, to facilitate blending.
- Blend until batter is creamy & uniform.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Portion 13-14 heaping tbsps. of dough onto the baking sheet & shape with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until tops are cracked & crumbly. Don’t worry if they’re soft when they come out; they’ll firm as they cool!
- Let cool for about 20 min. & enjoy!