These bites are legit the definition of a pancake in cookie dough form!!!
They’re crumbly on the outside, scrumptiously chewy on the inside, satisfying, filling, full of fibre & protein, naturally sweetened & completely grain, gluten, dairy, soy & refined sugar free!
They’re guaranteed to satisfy a sweet tooth & they’re so good… they melt in your mouth! You can totally make them nut-free by subbing the almond butter for coconut, sunflower seed or hemp nut butter & the pecans for seeds, cacao nibs or dried fruit of choice!
BTW: A great way to cut carbs in cookies, raw treats & brownies is to substitute 1/2 the amount of liquid sweetener with plant-based milk or filtered water & swap the chocolate chips for nuts, seeds or raw cacao nibs!
I also added some flax to boost the fibre, amino acid, protein & fat content & to make them super filling. Call me cray but I also love the flavour of flax in energy bites! PLUS… it has tons of benefits for hormones!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 3/4 cup & 2 tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, crumbled
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. filtered water & 2 more, if necessary
- Add all the ingredients (except the extra water & pecans) to a mixing bowl & mix until combined & a dough is formed.
- You should be able to roll it into a ball.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Wet your hands in between every few bites & roll the batter into 16-18 balls of your desired size. Place them on a plate & freeze or refrigerate to firm up.