I’m totally an almond butter over peanut butter kinda gal! This homemade one is thick & creamy, full of natural vanilla flavour, contains no added salt or sugar & tastes like warm, freshly roasted almonds & Brazil nuts! Spread it on toast, rice cakes, crackers, use it as a dip for strawberries, bananas or grapes or add it to smoothies / oats!
When it comes to making this deliciousness:
- patience is 🔑; it definitely takes time but it works!
- make sure your almonds are raw & unsalted; roasting the almonds slightly lowers their vitamin content, but the flavour is SO worth it!
- it’s more affordable & even more delicious than store-bought & contains no additives, preservatives, salts or sugars!
BRAZIL NUTS are high in selenium, vital for a healthy immune system, boosting the body’s antioxidant protection, preventing damage to nerves & cells, healing skin, fighting inflammation, maintaining healthy cholesterol levels, lifting mood, stimulating digestion & regulating thyroid hormones.
ALMONDS are rich in healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium & vitamin E; they help lower blood pressure & cholesterol, promote fullness & regulate hunger hormones, supports brain function, digestion & increase nutrient absorption
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Optional: 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F & place the nuts on a silicone lined baking sheet. Roast for 10 min.
- Add the roasted nuts to a food processor & pulse until creamy, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary.
- Once the nut butter is smooth, blend the add-ins until evenly dispersed.
- Store in a container & refrigerate for up to 2 weeks!