Just in time for Xmas morning, here’s a hella stack of chocolate chip pancakes that EVERYONE will love you for!
They’re gluten, refined sugar & dairy free & PACKED with potassium, protein, healthy fats, fibre, good carbs & amino acids! And of course… bursting with chocolatey flavour! They’re so delicious, they taste like dessert!
All you need? A blender, a few simple staple ingredients & you’re well on your way to pancake heaven 👼!
BTW: flax is one of my faves to add to recipes because it has so many health benefits! It’s high in antioxidants, manganese, calcium, potassium & omega-3s, which boost cognitive function, heart health & reduce inflammation, lignans, which reduce the risk of cancer & regulate hormones, fibre for digestion, gut health & fullness. It regulates cholesterol & blood pressure, provides protein & amino acids & heals the skin due to high alpha linoleic acid content!
YOU NEED (7-9 pancakes, depending size)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 scoops vegan/Whey protein of choice
- OPTIONAL: any superfood/adaptogen powder of choice (matcha, ashwagandha, maca, cacao, moringa, açai, etc!)
- Toppers: pure organic maple syrup & more chocolate chips
- Add the ingredients to your blender (except choco chips) & blend until a batter is formed.
- Fold in the choco chips.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil.
- Once heated, drop the batter in the skillet (about 1/4 cup) & cook until edges start to brown & look dry (it should take about 3 min.). Flip & cook on the other side for a minute or 2!
- Top with maple syrup, more choco chips, fruit, nut butter, granola, cinnamon, cacao, coconut, seeds or nuts!