Wanna make the stickiest, most caramelized, sweet, delicious, crispy, juicy, scrumptious, perfectly roasted healthy Asian chicken wings? I GOTCHU. These OVEN-ROASTED STICKY HONEY GARLIC WINGS will knock your socks off! Made them for a potluck tonight & I’m so excited to bring them!
The sauce is completely homemade from scratch & a lot healthier than packaged teriyaki sauce you’d buy at the store! What’s great is that it’s also versatile so you can use it with thighs, breasts, boneless chicken, beef, seafood, salmon, tuna, tofu etc.
The trick to getting the wings crispy even though we’re baking them is to roast them first, before topping with sauce. Use parchment paper to prevent the wings from sticking & coat them lightly in avocado oil & sea salt & roast until they’re nice & crisp! Trust me, you don’t want to skip this step. It’s KEY!
FOR THE WINGS:
- 3lb. chicken wings
- Celtic sea salt & 1 tsp. avocado oil
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. avocado oil or sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp. dried herbs of choice
- 2-3 tbsp. non-GMO corn starch
- Preheat oven to 400F & line 1-2 pans with parchment paper.
- Place the wings in the pans & toss with the avocado oil & sea salt. Roast for 40 min. or until crispy.
- While the chicken is roasting, make the glaze by adding all the ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat.
- Boil rapidly for 3-4 min. or until glaze has reduced.
- Remove from the heat & let thicken.
- Once the wings are crispy, remove from the oven & coat with the sauce.
- Roast again for 40-42 minutes, until they’re sticky, crispy & roasted.
- Broil on high for an extra 3-4 min. if you want them even crispier.
- Top with green onions & enjoy!