Here are my tips & tricks for your next night-out! Nights-out don’t have to be stressful or make you feel anxious… you shouldn’t feel like you have to deprive yourself or stand out as the person who can’t enjoy themselves. Life is about balance & over the past few years, I’ve discovered a few tips & tricks that make me feel great & have allowed me to find that balance so here I am sharing them with you!
- Take digestive enzymes with a glass of water (& take 2 post-meal) & probiotics
- Don’t starve yourself all day; you’ll end up getting to the restaurant, “eating with your eyes” & ordering too much & possibly binging
- Eat a snack so you don’t get there famished, sluggish or HANGRY!
- Ask for the bread to come with the meal vs. before so you don’t fill up on simple refined carbs & end up craving more sugar by dessert OR save your bread to eat with your meal
- Skip the butter on the bread!
- Drink water throughout the night (especially if you’re drinking alcohol) to prevent water retention & dehydration (alcohol naturally dehydrates) & ask for lemon or lime to help with pH & digestion. Water also helps flush toxins.
- Go for low sugar alcohol (tequila or gin) & stick to one type (wine or hard alcohol), avoid sugary mixers & stay away from vodka if you have a gluten sensitivity
- Order appetizers/desserts to share
- If you indulge, don’t fly off the handle for the rest of the week, get back on track, wake up the next day & sweat it out! Don’t be too hard on yourself – it’s one night!
- Swap 1/2 the white rice or fries for extra salad or veggies
- Avoid adding salt to your dish because restaurant food is already loaded with table salt (to keep it fresh when they prep it in advance)
- Look for words like steamed, broiled, grilled & roasted & avoid caramelized, fried, breaded & flaked
- Have fun & enjoy the moments with the people you love!
- Always remember that just like one week of working out won’t give you a chiseled & toned body, a night or two or week of indulging isn’t going to take away from all your hard work & dedication!
- When you get home, take another 2 digestive enzymes with a big glass of water.
- Don’t go to bed feeling guilty, stressed or mad at yourself.
- Take a shot of apple cider vinegar & wash it down with water to prevent burning in the esophagus.