Here’s a quick & yummy lunch idea you can whip up in minutes if you take some time to meal prep some roasted sweet potato or butternut squash & any grains or legumes of your choice!
It’s yummy, nutritious, filling, has a great balance of plant protein, carbs, fibre, greens & healthy fats, light, fresh & full of flavour!
BTW, did you know that soaking your lentils in water & sea prior to cooking them helps make them more easily digestible? The outer shell of contains anti-nutrients that may interfere with digestion & soaking them neutralizes these enzyme inhibitors & takes the strain away from your digestive system, especially if it’s already more sensitive than average!
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/4 cup cooked organic sprouted lentils
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 stalk celery
- Roasted sweet potato or butternut squash (I used my roasted caramelized maple sweet potato cubes – recipe on my feed)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fody Foods lemon & herb seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & season in the same bowl. Toss to coat!
- Top with vegan Parmesan or other spices or toppings of choice & enjoy!