Today’s homemade hummus is brought to you by Truly Turmeric turmeric paste!
Made with just turmeric, coconut oil, fresh lime juice & sea salt, it’s REAL FOOD at its finest & a perfect way to amp up your recipes with tons of anti-inflammatory properties, healthy fats & flavour! You can buy it at Health Tree!
I love making hummus at home because it takes 5 minutes & it’s generally a lot healthier than store-bought options, which often contain preservatives, canola oil, table salt & sometimes even refined sugar!
Use it in lettuce wraps, burgers, marinated, salad dressings, bowls, on rice cakes or in pita bread, toast, sandwiches or as a veggie dip! You can’t go wrong with it!
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 2 tsp. Truly Turmeric turmeric paste OR 1.5 tsp. organic tahini & 1/2 tsp. coconut oil mixed with 1/2 tsp. ground
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- Black pepper
- 2 heaping tsp. raw Dijon mustard (or miso paste)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- As much water or olive oil as needed to achieve perfect texture
- Add the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or blender & blend until combined.
- Add water or olive oil as needed to thin it out.
- Store in an airtight container & refrigerate!