Yesterday, I was at the store & came across a new product by Eco Ideas: LUPIN FLOUR! I’d never seen it before but the package caught my attention because 1 serving (2 tbsp.) provides:
- 5g fibre
- 6g protein (it’s one of the highest sources of plant protein that’s almost 4x higher than whole grains)
- 2% RDV potassium
- 40% RDV vitamin E
- naturally sweet flavour without ANY SUGAR!
- reduces the glycemic load of carb based food & blood pressure, improves glucose metabolism & bowel health
- provides prebiotics to promote gut health & the growth of good bacteria
- high in amino acids
- easier to digest than other legumes because it contains less enzyme inhibitors
- low in lectins & saponins, which can cause digestive issues
- gluten & GMO FREE & vegan!
I added it to my oats today & not only were they delish but it also made them super creamy! I obvi also added some hemp protein & topped them with raw cacao nibs, tigernuts & frozen bluebs!
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup homemade vanilla hemp milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. lupin flour
- 2 tbsp. Manitoba Harvest MAX unsweetened hemp protein
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Toppings of choice.
- Add all the ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium heat until liquid is absorbed & oats are combined & creamy.
- Remove from the heat, add toppings & enjoy!