I don’t know about you guys but one of the million things that comes to mind when I think of NYC is the smell of New York Nuts all over the place!!!
They’re legit my guilty pleasure. As a kid, I used to eat BAGS (read: BAGS, as in PLURAL) without a care in the world.
Anyway, here’s my attempt at recreating a childhood fave, only a bit healthier! But still SO DELICIOUS, crispy, crunchy & sweet like caramel!
Good news is they’re butter, dairy, hydrogenated oil & refined sugar free! 💯
- 1 cup unsalted mixed nuts of choice
- 3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1/2-1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
TO MAKE THEM:
- Add all the ingredients to a medium skillet & toss to coat.
- Heat over medium heat & stir consistently until all the syrup is absorbed & it begins to bubble & stick to the nuts.
- Once the syrup is absorbed & nuts are coated & caramelized, remove the skillet from the heat & gently transfer the nuts to a piece of parchment paper.
- Let them sit for 3-4 minutes to caramelize to perfection & crunch up!
- Once they’re ready, break them apart & BAM! Enjoy!
- STORAGE INFO: Store in an airtight container at room temperature to preserve freshness.