Here’s a quick & simple way to put your leftover veggies to good use, especially in the cold weather!
Cabbage has so many health benefits from being rich in vitamin C, improving digestive & heart health, reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure & cholesterol, providing bone-strengthening vitamin K, boosting immunity, skin health & cognitive function! It’s basically a power veggie!
This soup is simple, nutritious yet so delicious & doesn’t require much prep or effort, so you really can’t go wrong!
To turn it into a meal, I’d add in some crispy pan-seared tofu, ground chicken or turkey, sea food, shredded chicken, chickpeas or lentils!
- 9 cups cabbage
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 2.5 cups celery
- 2 red onions
- Enough water or broth to cover the veggies
- 2 tsp. @oh_my_spice Garlic Lovers’ seasoning OR 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. raw organic coconut aminos
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Add the cabbage, celery, onion, bay leaves & water to a large deep skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pot from the stove & season with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix & place back on the stove on low heat.
- Cover & let simmer for 25 minutes, until veggies are softened.
- Top with dried herbs & any add-ins of choice & enjoy!