Here’s a quick, simple, filling & super nutritious & delish breaky that’s great after a workout or to kickstart a busy day!
It’s also a fun way to change things up a bit from traditional oats (although this chick loves her oats) & still get in tons of antioxidants, good carbs, fibre, plant protein & vitamins & minerals!
If you prefer, you can also do a vanilla version by using vanilla protein or unsweetened protein & adding in 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder!
- 1/3 cup gluten-free buckwheat groats
- 1 & 1/3 cup water
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder of choice
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Splash yacon syrup
- 1/4 tsp. raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- Toppings of choice: I used chia, hemp, raw cacao nibs & berries
- Add all the ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium high heat.
- When it begins to sizzle, reduce heat to medium. Cook until all liquid is absorbed & buckwheat is thick & creamy! Make sure to keep stirring to prevent it from sticking or burning.
- Add toppings & enjoy!!