Don’t throw out your greens, sauté them! It takes literally 3 minutes & although they suffer from major shrinkage, it’s a great side dish & the perfect way to not let them go to waste!
Swiss chard is just one of many greens I like to sauté (I also love kale, spinach, collard greens & Boston lettuce) & it has tons of health benefits, ranging from:
- amazing source of vitamins K, A & C, fibre, magnesium, iron & potassium, copper & calcium
- high in antioxidants that fight aging in the body, skin, tissues, bones & muscles, boost immunity, protect the heart, prevent neurodegenerative disease & boost the body’s ability to fight free radical damage
- regulate blood flow & blood pressure
- regulates blood sugar
- improves digestion & gut health by detoxifying the body (rich in chlorophyll), reducing inflammation in the digestive tract & regulating bowel movement
- reduces stress & mood disturbances
TO MAKE THIS QUICK DISH:
- Stem the greens & add them to a large skillet with apple cider, coconut vinegar & a drizzle of avocado oil (I use Chosen Foods) if you want to make them a little heartier!
- Drizzle on some Celtic sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder & Italian seasoning or oregano or a bit of both!
- Sauté over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until greens are wilted!